What is the total value of the home?
· The value of the home including upgrades is over $325,000.
What is the square footage of the home?
· The main area of the house is 2200 square feet.
What is the size of the lot?
· 60 feet x 123 feet
What are the property taxes per year?
· To be determined.
Who designed/decorated the rooms?
· Lori Bambury from Brush Strokes Interiors, Debra Eady of Elizabeth Harmer Interiors and Sharon Fraser of Studio Finishes.
What kind of windows?
· The windows are vinyl casement from Golden Windows.
What kind of furnace is in the home?
· It is a high-efficiency Carrier gas furnace
Where did the furniture and accessories come from?
· Brush Strokes Interiors with antique furniture from Grace Brothers.
What stays in the home when it is given away?
· Everything but the furniture, appliances, drapes and accessories.
· Dishwasher is included.
If I win, do I have the option to buy the furniture & accessories?
· Yes, and you can bid on them in the silent auction which will be located at the Dream Home.
What if I win the house and want the furniture, but it has been sold in the silent auction?
· The retailers, in most cases, will be able to order the same, or similar, items for you to purchase.
Can I participate in the silent auction and how does it work?
· Yes, anyone can bid on any of the items.
· The reserve bids are the actual cost of the items.
· The Hospitals will profit when bids are made over and above the reserve bid.
· For example, if the reserve bid is $1,000 and the closing bid is $1,500, the Hospitals will receive $500 from that item.
· The silent auction will begin on Saturday, November 1, 2003 and the closing date will be on Sunday, February 8, 2004 at 4:00 pm.
· Successful bidders will be notified on Monday, February 9th, 2004.
· Bids are in increments of $10.00
If I win the house and sell it, do I have to pay income tax on it?
Does the winner of the home have to retain the house for a year before selling it?
· No, there are no restrictions on the winning.
When is the title of the house transferred into the winner’s name?
· The winner will officially gain title to the home on March 15th, 2004.
What other features are included in the house?
· Central Air Conditioning – Al’s Vacuum.
· Landscaping by Huronview Nurseries.
· Sodded front yard.
· Front & rear porch.
· Built-in stereo speakers – St. Clair Audio Video.
· Built-in Dishwasher donated by Victoria Appliances.
· Luxury ensuite with whirlpool tub and upgraded shower by Maxx
· Walk-in closets.
· Upgraded plumbing – Plympton Plumbing
· Upgraded kitchen cabinets – Sarnia Cabinets
· Cove Moldings
· 9’ high ceilings plus trayed ceilings.
· 13’ high ceiling in great room.
· Upgraded designer shingles
· Upgraded flooring – Fabbri Tile and Carpet
· Granite counter & wood flooring by Palazzi Bros. Granite & Tile Ltd.
· Closet shelving by California Closets
How many tickets are available?
· 7,200 tickets have been printed only 7000 will be sold
· 200 of the Dream Home tickets are for the Earlybird Draw on January 14, 2004
What is the cost of a ticket?
· $100 each
How can I pay for the ticket?
· Cash, cheque (payable to Dream Home Lottery), Visa, MasterCard or debit (in Foundation office)
What is the total value of the prize board?
How many prizes are there?
What other prizes are included?
Grand Prize: Dream Home valued at $275,000.00 (with upgrades over $325,000)
2038 Marion Avenue, Lakeshore Estates, Brights Grove (off old Lakeshore Rd.)
519 Other Prizes:
1 - $5000 Cash Prize
1 - 1 Yr. Family (4) Membership at Huron Oaks Recreation Centre valued at $2500
1 - Camping Gear Package from Sharkskins valued at $1109
2 - Beach Packages from Play It Again Sports valued at $1000
2 - Marine Packages from Play It Again Sports valued at $1000
1 - Gift Certificates to IGA - Brights Grove valued at $1000
2 - $1000 Cash Prizes
1 - 6 month Family YMCA Membership valued at $600
1 - Garden Package from DeSena’s Home Hardware in Brights Grove valued at $500
5 - $500 Cash Prizes
1 - Weekend Getaway Package to Kettle Creek Inn, Port Stanley valued at $500
1 - Patio Set from Zehrs Food valued at $200
50 - $200 Cash Prizes
250 - $100 Cash Prizes
Earlybird Draw: 200 - Dream Home Tickets valued at $100
(To be drawn on January 14, 2004 in the Foundation Office)
*Draws to be in order from least to highest value as indicated above*
If I win a prize, does my ticket go back into the drum for the other prizes?
What is the last day for ticket sales?
· During the last week, tickets are only available at the Lambton Hospitals Foundation Office till February 13, 2004 at 5:00 pm and if not sold out they will be available on Saturday, February 14th, 2004 between 5-6 pm before the final draw at Hiawatha Race Track and Slots (upstairs).
· Call (519) 464-4428 for any inquiries or to purchase over the telephone.
Can I exchange my prize for something of equal value?
· No, prizes must be accepted as awarded.
Will a list of all winners be available?
· Yes, a list will be published in the February 18, 2004 edition of The Observer and Petrolia Topic.
When and how will the house be drawn?
· The draw date is Saturday, February 14th, 2004 at Hiawatha Race Track and Slots in Sarnia.
· Gala Tickets are available at $20 each in the Foundation Office.
· The gala will consist of live entertainment provided by Hiawatha Race Track and Slots.
· There will be a buffet meal served from 7:00 till 8:30 pm.
· All 320 remaining draws will take place at this event, with the first draw starting at 7:00 p.m. and the Dream Home being drawn around 11:00 pm.
· The Dream Home winner will be notified immediately after the drawing.
· All winners will be notified by mail with instructions on how to redeem their prize(s). Winners of major prizes may also be contacted by telephone.
Where can I purchase my ticket(s)?
· Tickets may be purchased at any bank, credit union, Gamble Insurance and all three hospitals and some Mitton Village and Brights Grove.
· You may also purchase a ticket with a Visa or Mastercard by phoning (519) 464-4428.
· Dream Home open houses, every Saturday and Sunday from Nov 1/03 to Feb 8/04.
Back to Dream Home page